Agave Dinner with Janos Wilder!
The exquisite menu:
- Espárragos Ensalada paired with Strawberry Infused Tequila with house-made Yuzu Sour, agave meringue foam
- Apricot French ToastCodorniz paired with Reposada tequila with hazelnut simple syrup and lime juice
- Red Eye Con Carne paired with Blanco Tequila, Ancho Liqueur, house-made Limoncello, Tawny Port, Blackberry, Brulee’d Orange
- Mexican Lime & Celery Ice Cream paired with Blanco tequila, espresso, orange simple syrup, peach bitters, Sal de Gusano
All pairings are made with Roger Clyne’s Mexican Moonshine
The conservation of local agriculture is something all partners are passionate about, especially Janos Wilder. Hotel Congress is working in conjunction with the DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails Owner to host an Agave Dinner at 7 p.m. on Friday, May 1 in the Drawing Room at Maynards Market & Kitchen. There are only 32 seats to the exclusive fundraising dinner and tickets are $95 each (plus tax and gratuity) with proceeds benefiting Native Seeds/SEARCH, whose mission is to preserve the traditional agricultural community. Sergio Inurrigaro will also be present before the dinner for a meet and greet at 6:30 p.m.
The international collaboration bears many fruits, but one in particular is Sergio Inurrigaro, President and Founder of the Pro Mezcal Culture Association as well as the Director of the Master Mezcalier Program. With ample knowledge of traditional Mexican culture and gastronomy, he has led more than 1,750 Mezcal tastings in more than sixty-one cities across the world, including in China, Russia, Europe, United States, Canada, South America, and Mexico and has positioned Mezcal among the world´s elite beverages.
For more information about Agave Fest please visit hotelcongress.com
Purchase tickets to the Agave Dinner here!
We are also open for dinner for Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 10!
Take a gander at all the wines we have planned for you. Wine Tastings are only $10 or FREE for Wine Club Members!
- Sofia, Blanc de Blanc, Pinot Blanc,Riesling, Muscat, 2013, Monterey,CA
- Valley of the Moon, Pinot Blanc, 2012, Sonoma, CA
- Cosentino, The Franc, Cabernet Franc, 2012, Lodi, CA
- Zaca Mesa, Viognier, 2013, Santa Ynez, CA
- Match Book, Tinto Rey, Tempranillo, Syrah, Graciano, Cabernet Sauvignon, Tannat, 2010, CA
Summer Wine Tour Schedule!
We are a stop on the Taste of Tucson Downtown Tour!
Tours have started so get all the details on their website here. The culinary and cultural tours take place at five different downtown eateries.