Maynards Market & Kitchen Barrio Bruschetta
Maynards Market and Kitchen Chef Brian Smith continues to delight the palette with his team’s inspired dishes, one new favorite is the Barrio Bruschetta. Enjoy this treat with a bottle of AZ Red, Maynards private label red wine, available at Maynards Market.
To make this dish you will have to complete three simple recipes and then assemble your bruschetta.
Goat cheese spread
- Cream cheese, 8oz
- Goat cheese, 4oz
- Minced garlic, 2 tsp
- Fine herbs (chopped tarragon, parsley, and chives), 2 Tbs.
- Heavy cream, 1/4 cup
- Ground black pepper, Pinch
- Salt. Pinch
• Combine all ingredients and mix in a kitchen aid until smooth
- Dried figs (stem removed), 1 cup
- Red wine, 1 cup
- Maple syrup, ¾ cup
- Salt, Pinch
• In a small sauce pot combine all ingredients and cook on low heat until the figs are soft, then place in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Honey, 1 cup
- Whole butter, 1 Tbs.
- Water, 1/2 cup
In a small sauce pot combine all ingredients and cook on high heat while stirring constantly until the honey becomes dark brown. The smell of the honey will change when it begins to get close to being done. Be careful the honey will be very hot.
- Prosciutto (thinly sliced), 16 each
- Baby Arugula, 4 cups
- Extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbs.
- Lemon juice, 1 Tbs.
- Barrio baguette (cut 1 inch thick on the bias), 2 loafs
Once all of your ingredients are cool heat your Barrio Baguette in the oven then assemble by spreading the cheese mixture evenly across the bread. Next spread the fig reduction across the bread, then top with the prosciutto. To finish toss your arugula with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and place on top. Lastly drizzle your burnt honey over the top and enjoy.