Recipe: Chicory Salad
Celebrate Earth Day this April 22nd using Chef Brian’s recipe for the Chicory Salad! Don’t feel like cooking? Dine at Maynards Kitchen on one of our delicious locally-inspired and locally-sourced dishes like the Chicory Salad, the Salt Roasted Beets, and the Roasted Chicken!
with pickled carrots, candied walnuts, ginger sorghum vinaigrette
- 1-pound various chicory greens (frisee, radicchio, endive, escarole)
- ½ cup candied walnuts
- ½ cup carrots, pickled in rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup popped sorghum
- 3 oz ginger sorghum vinaigrette (recipe below)
- ¼ cup chopped candied ginger
In a large bowl, toss the greens in a generous amount of the vinaigrette. Add half of the nuts, pickled carrots, and popped sorghum. Season with salt. Place salad in a large serving bowl and add remaining ingredients on top. Serve immediately.
Ginger Sorghum Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 TBS Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs cup ginger juice (grated and squeezed through cheese cloth)
- 2 tbs cup sorghum syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2.5 cups blended oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for the oil. Whisk until smooth. While still whisking, slowly add the oil, making sure it emulsifies. Season with salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate for 7 days.