Recipe: Chilled Corn Bisque
Love chilled soups, but short on recipes? Enjoy the Chilled Corn Bisque at our July Wine & Dine on July 19th, or try it at home with Chef Brian’s recipe!
- 4 cups corn off the cob
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups buttermilk
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbs chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a medium sized soup pot, sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the garlic and corn, and cook for another minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and thyme, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Blend and pass through a fine mesh sieve.
- Add the buttermilk and lemon. Season with salt and white pepper.
- 3 whole tomatoes, juiced
- 3 sheets gelatin
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Bloom the gelatin sheets in the tomato juice, place over heat to dissolve gelatin.
- Remove from heat and taste, adding a little salt and sugar if tomatoes aren’t very sweet.
- Chill until set, about 3 hours.
- 8 oz Dungeness crab meat
- Juice and zest
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbs Mayonnaise (we use Duke’s)
- Combine everything and reserve for later.
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup sorrel
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbs sugar
- Blend and pass through a fine mesh strainer.
- Freeze, using a fork every 30 minutes to fluff the ice and break up large chunks.
- On plate up place a dollop of crab and a dollop of tomato gel.
- Top with tomato ice. Serve immediately.